Cool Check Website Traffic images
March 6, 2019 Check Website Traffic

A few nice check website traffic images I found:

Outside traffic police station near Xixia, Henan Province, China
check website traffic
Cycling and skateboarding 20,000km solo around the world – check out the fully featured website at 14degrees Off The Beaten Track / 日本から英までの12、000kmを単独でリカンベント自転車でこぐ途中 – ユーラシア大陸14度の旅

Outside traffic police station near Xixia, Henan Province, China
check website traffic
Cycling and skateboarding 20,000km solo around the world – check out the fully featured website at 14degrees Off The Beaten Track / 日本から英までの12、000kmを単独でリカンベント自転車でこぐ途中 – ユーラシア大陸14度の旅

A Sunday Afternoon in Central London
check website traffic
The translucent red and yellow sculpture is on the"Fourth Plinth". The Fourth Plinth is in the north-west of Trafalgar Square, in central London. Built in 1841, it was originally intended for an equestrian statue but was empty for many years. It is now the location for specially commissioned art works. Mayor of London Boris Johnson has announced the next two commissions to be placed on the Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square, to follow Thomas Schütte’s ‘Model for a Hotel 2007’. The winning artists are:

* Antony Gormley
* Yinka Shonibare MBE

Antony Gormley’s proposal ‘One and Other’ will be looking for 2,400 members of the public to occupy the Fourth Plinth 24 hours a day at a later date. The registration process will be announced in due course, so you are advised to continue to check this website for further details on how to take part.

Here are some quotes from the current Wikipedia article on Trafalgar Square:

"Trafalgar Square is a square in central London, England. With its position in the heart of London, it is a tourist attraction; its trademark is Nelson’s Column which stands in the centre and the four lion statues that guard the column. Statues and sculptures are on display in the square, including a fourth plinth displaying changing pieces of contemporary art, and it is a site of political demonstrations. The name commemorates the Battle of Trafalgar (1805), a British naval victory of the Napoleonic Wars. The original name was to have been "King William the Fourth’s Square", but George Ledwell Taylor suggested the name "Trafalgar Square".
The northern area of the square had been the site of the King’s Mews since the time of Edward I, while the southern end was the original Charing Cross, where the Strand from the City met Whitehall, coming north from Westminster. As the midpoint between these twin cities, Charing Cross is to this day considered the heart of London, from which all distances are measured. In the 1820s the Prince Regent engaged the landscape architect John Nash to redevelop the area. Nash cleared the square as part of his Charing Cross Improvement Scheme. The present architecture of the square is due to Sir Charles Barry and was completed in 1845.
The square consists of a large central area surrounded by roadways on three sides, and stairs leading to the National Gallery on the other. The roads which cross the square form part of the A4 road, and prior to 2003, the square was surrounded by a one-way traffic system. Underpasses attached to Charing Cross tube station allow pedestrians to avoid traffic. Recent works have reduced the width of the roads and closed the northern side of the square to traffic. Nelson’s Column is in the centre of the square, surrounded by fountains designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens in 1939 (replacing two earlier fountains of Peterhead granite, now at the Wascana Centre and Confederation Park in Canada) and four huge bronze lions sculpted by Sir Edwin Landseer; the metal used is said to have been recycled from the cannon of the French fleet. The column is topped by a statue of Horatio, Viscount Nelson, the admiral who commanded the British Fleet at Trafalgar.
On the north side of the square is the National Gallery and to its east the St Martin’s-in-the-Fields church. The square adjoins The Mall via Admiralty Arch to the southwest. To the south is Whitehall, to the east Strand and South Africa House, to the north Charing Cross Road and on the west side Canada House. At the corners of the square are four plinths; the two northern ones were intended for equestrian statues, and thus are wider than the two southern. Three of them hold statues: George IV (northeast, 1840s), Henry Havelock (southeast, 1861, by William Behnes), and Sir Charles James Napier (southwest, 1855). Mayor of London Ken Livingstone controversially expressed a desire to see the two generals replaced with statues "ordinary Londoners would know".[1]
On the lawn in front of the National Gallery are two statues, James II to the west of the entrance portico and George Washington to the east. The latter statue, a gift from the state of Virginia, stands on soil imported from the United States. This was done in order to honour Washington’s declaration he would never again set foot on British soil. In 1888 the statue of General Charles George Gordon was erected. In 1943 the statue was removed and, in 1953, re-sited on the Victoria Embankment. A bust of the Second World War First Sea Lord Admiral Cunningham by Franta Belsky was unveiled in Trafalgar Square on 2 April 1967 by Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.[3]
The Square has become a social and political location for visitors and Londoners alike, developing over its history from "an esplanade peopled with figures of national heroes, into the country’s foremost place politique," as historian Rodney Mace has written. Its symbolic importance was demonstrated in 1940 when the Nazi SS developed secret plans to transfer Nelson’s Column to Berlin following an expected German invasion, as related by Norman Longmate in If Britain Had Fallen (1972)."

Post your Comment

Categories