The popularity of social networks nowadays is really incredible. Both developers and users have seen it. Up-to-date people nearly always even don’t imagine themselves without social networks and online communication. But is this good or bad tendency? In this article we will try to help you answer this question.
First of all, advantages:
1. Social networks give us communication, connections with many people. It is not a secret already, that internet communication has turned out far more attractive for a lot of people. And in modern society a lot of people feel just lonely and for them online communication is necessary.
2. Looking for for classmates, old friends. Social network gives us a possibility to find old friends that have moved years ago, classmates and sometimes relatives we have lost contact with. We can communicate with them online and meet in real life. Some years ago we could just dream of such possibilities.
3. Find new friends and meet new people. Social networks offer everyone incredible dating possibilities. The big number of users in social network also gives possibility to all all members to discover friends according to their interests and hobbies.
4. Great possibilities for advert and job finding. Social networks can be as well used as bulletin boards and paying attention to the number of users, very effective ones.
5.Hobby. For many people social networks are the pleasant spending of time. Such hobby is not a bad one and it gives people a lot of possibilities for self-realization. In social networks people can be whoever they want and communicate freely.
But of course, as any popular phenomena social networks have their problems too:
1. The information distributed in social network may be used by who ever, without users’ even being informed about it.
2. Contact information can be used for spam.
3. Sometimes social networks can even harm families and close relatives. The explanation for this is simple: people, who are too fond of social networks spend there all their time and don’t pay attention to their families. In such case, such hobby can spoil real life relationships.
4. The absence of control can damage the psychics of children. Parents should pay attention with whom their children communicate in social networks.
5. Medics sometimes state that social networks are dangerous because they cause the dependance, and it is really so. Many people can not spend a day without visiting the social network. The absence of internet becomes tragedy and people got addicted to online communication. Particulary if people have problems in real life, they spend more and more time in social networks thus replacing life with social networks.
On the whole, the attitude to social networks can be different depending on the people and concrete situation, but they have conquered a great segment of internet and are still developing. Today a big quantity of people just can’t live without social networks and the number of their members is still becoming bigger nowadays. But the main matter in this case is to find a golden mean: use all advantages that social networks offer us but don’t forget about the real life also.