According to the 2011 statistics collected by Facebook, 50% of the active users log into this social networking site each day. This implies that approximately 250 million profile holders use Facebook every 24 hours. Looking at the wide popularity of this social networking site, many businessmen have started using this platform to advertise their business. Whether your business is small or big, you can take it to great heights by leveraging on social media marketing.
Social Media Marketing: Some Mind-boggling Facebook Statistics
To establish the importance of social media marketing of your business through Facebook, let us throw a glance at some interesting statistics of this networking site:
1. As of January 2011, there were more than 500 million active users on Facebook.
2. Taken together, people spend over 700 billion minutes on Facebook every month.
3. An average user on Facebook has more than 130 friends.
4. An average user is connected to at least 80 community pages.
5. More than 30 billion content pieces including YouTube links, web links, photo albums, news stories, blogs and articles are shared each month.
6. An averages user creates 90 content pieces each month.
7. Entrepreneurs from more than 190 countries use this platform to promote their business.
8. 20 million applications are installed on Facebook every day.
9. Approximately, 10,000 new website integrate with Facebook every day.
10. More than 250 million users access Facebook through their mobile devices.
How to be Successful in Your Social Media Marketing Campaign on Facebook
Being successful with your social media marketing campaign involves following tips:
Create relationships: A person joins a networking site in order to connect with real people. So, when you create your business account on Facebook, do not forget to mention your real name, identity and other information. Nobody likes talking to robots. So, be real and try to make real relationships with people.
Improve interactivity quotient: Try to add as much friends to your list as possible. Include some authentic and interesting details in your profile, such as, hobbies, story of business success, friendly videos and so on. As people will start taking interest in your activities, they will draw more and more visitors to your page.
Post regular updates: Connect to your friends on regular basis. It is not a good idea to bombard them with too many profile activities on one day and then nothing for 2-3 weeks. Take a few minutes out of your busy schedule daily and post interesting things about your business. This will keep your audience engaged.